The Salesforce Business Analyst will have strong business analysis skills and some CRM experience, (doesn’t have to be Salesforce, but Salesforce experience preferred). The ideal candidate is someone who likes to tackle challenges, problem solve and be proactive. In addition, should also have excellent communication skills as you will be working directly with customers and stakeholders.
The Salesforce Business Analyst will promote adoption for clients, track new releases, keep current on AppExchange solutions, provide training and more.
- Meet with clients to gather & analyze requirements and translate them into features that can be
- Maintain high standards of quality assurance for each project.
- Develop training plans, materials and documentation for customers, keep materials up-to-date, and
coordinate ongoing training sessions.
- Recommend best practices to customers.
- Validate and test features to meet client expectations.
- Locate software bugs and problem solve solutions.
- Administer customer Salesforce orgs as needed.
Top 3 Essential Requirements:
- You should be comfortable gathering / determining requirements and mapping out business processes.
- You should have experience with systems integrations, systems architecture, and basic databases.
- You should be an expert at solving problems.
Business Analyst Requirements:
- 3-4 years of business analyst experience.
- Able to produce workflows using Gliffy, Lucidchart, Visio, draw.io or similar tools.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and other Atlassian products.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with various CRM applications and relational database
- Familiarity with direct marketing strategy, analytics, database structures and technologies is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience with CRM administration, Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and comfort with data, metrics and statistical methods.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bonus: you know how to build on the front end. (Website, app…)
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and stay calm under pressure.
- Health Insurance – we cover 100% of the employee’s medical, vision, dental insurance.
- PTO – up to 25 days – 10 Vacation days, 3 floating holidays, 6 sick days, 6 holidays.
- 401k – 100% match of first 3%.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement.
- Dependent Care.
- In-Office Happy Hour every Friday.
- Mentorship Program.
- Fun, Fast-paced, startup culture – it’s an exciting time to join the team!