Tip of the Week – Cleaning up Unneeded Salesforce Customizations
Getting slowed down by old, out of date customizations? It happens to the best of us. Even that big update that you desperately needed just two years ago might not be so essential anymore. Change and growth happens. It’s a good thing. That is why it might be time to do a little spring cleaning in your org!
The best practice to clean out old customizations, is a decommissioning process by which Administrators, Developers, and Release Managers can safely remove customizations without causing any disruption to the business. There are five basic steps to follow to ensure a safe and effective spring clean:
- Research – Take your time to find all the places the customization is located, and test removal in the sandbox.
- Communicate – Notify all end users of the pending change, and give them some time (15-30 days) to prepare
- Restrict – Remove user access
- Monitor – Watch and wait (up to 90 days) to ensure no issues pop up
- Decommission – Backup your customizations (just in case) and then remove.
Click Here for a more detailed guide to safely removing customizations.
-Ryan and the Salesforce Guys
CEO of CloudMyBiz Salesforce CRM consulting services with a deep knowledge in the lending industry. Taking keen interest in the project management side of operations, playing a vital role in the 31% YOY company growth. Strategic leader, mastering the ability to problem solve at every level of the business, providing effective solutions for clients.