Elotek systems is a leading manufacturers’ representative and solutions provider of technical products including sensors, measuring instruments, and telemetry instrumentation across the 13 Western States. The team has a 30-year reputation for sourcing the best product solutions, at competitive prices while always providing great service and delivering, on-time, everywhere.
Elotek’s existing database was developed over 30 years ago. A recent increase in developer and reporting errors, incorrect commission reporting and lack of order visibility had management and sales concerned that the platform would not be able to keep pace with the new market demands and the company’s growth objectives. Some of the issues included:
- Lack of responsive support.
- Change of management which led to lack of understanding by the developer.
- Too many sloppy development errors leading to loss of data credibility.
- Slow system, stored on a local server. A cloud-based version was available, but loss of confidence prevented the switch.
- Elotek was looking for a performance-based system with a high degree of confidence that there would be long term support.
They needed to switch to Salesforce for stability and to modernize their process.
Elotek sought out CMB as their partner who would not only provide the analysis of the current system, determine which performance-based platform could support the anticipated long-term growth but also implement it quickly and cost-effectively and then train the staff and remote sales teams so that they would embrace and use the new toolset.
Multiple platforms were reviewed. Through the discovery process, CMB learned that the Elotek teams – sales, customer support, and admin – were not tech-savvy, and a formal training process never implemented. Ultimately, Salesforce proved to offer the most flexible and quickest platform to implement. It also proved to be the easiest for training staff and the remote sales teams. The entire sales process and the quote, order and invoice system was overhauled, enabling the sales team to increase sales conversion by more than 20% within the first year, while increasing revenue by 32%.
- Lead conversion increase of 21% in the first year
- Increased revenue of 32%
- Developing custom-built components and features resulted in establishing a:
- Commission statement wizard and automation tool reducing the process from 3 days to 3 hours
- Sophisticated sales rep scorecard which made tracking the reps activities more transparent
- Monthly performance scorecards for the entire company resulting in improved efficiencies