As time goes by, so many apps and products built for Salesforce are becoming more and more sophisticated and complex. To keep up with all this increasing complexity, developers also have to continually create new and improved systems and configurations. In response, Salesforce.com is releasing a much requested Apex Metadata API in the Summer 2017 release.
The three primary uses for the Apex Metadata API are:
- Self-configuring apps
- Upgrade scripts
- Custom setup UIs
To break it down to simplest parts, here are the key features of this new Metadata API:
- Access two metadata types: page layouts and records of custom metadata types
- Retrieve their metadata synchronously
- Create and update their metadata via asynchronous deploy
- Setup a callback on completion
- Trust your apps: installed packages must be “ApexCertified” or the subscriber org must turn on a setting to allow an Apex metadata deploy
- Track the namespace that initiated a deploy in the setup audit trail
-Ryan and the Salesforce Guys
CEO of CloudMyBiz Salesforce CRM consulting services with a deep knowledge in the lending industry. Taking keen interest in the project management side of operations, playing a vital role in the 31% YOY company growth. Strategic leader, mastering the ability to problem solve at every level of the business, providing effective solutions for clients.